Pit Boss

New members please tell us about yourself.
Pit Boss

Pit Boss

Post by Pit Boss »

And here I am along with the rest of you. Looking forward to seeing what's happening around here. I stick mainly to facebook groups these days, but poke my head in my old boards from time to time...why not add a new one!

Anyway, real quick as a refresher, I'm from Eastern North Carolina & love our heritage in barbecue. I'm a stickler for sticking with tradition when talking about my own native 'cue, but absolutely enjoy all forms.

As for different regions with traditional barbecue traditions, be proud of those & represent them well. We can't depend on those ahead of us to uphold those traditions & keep them strong...we ARE now those people! As I stated, all barbecue can be good & enjoyable...but don't bastardize the traditional/heritage style to the point that they are fully lost.

You'll see me state alot that I cook Eastern NC style barbecue...the word 'style' is important because I may not be following all of the rules to true ENC barbecue. So if I'm cooking a similar dish, to me, it's important to label it as being in the 'style' of ENC 'cue.

I currently live along the coast of North Carolina, as we are selling our house in Charleston, South Carolina.

I have over 20 years in foodservice...a portion of that is with a couple of barbecue restaurants as well as my own restaurants. Highlights of that career...two restaurants would seat 300 in-house, I've catered for more than 1,000 in a single event, and one restaurant had 15,000 square feet...on the flip side, I've also worked with a place that had five tables & 20 chairs.

Glad to be here.
Smokin Mike
Charcoal Chief

Re: Pit Boss

Post by Smokin Mike »

Hey Boss... welcome to the forums. We're just hanging out doing what we do. :mrgreen:

I need to chat you up a bit. The GF and I are also moving to the coastal outreaches of NC. Who knows, we could be within spittin' distance of one another but then again the NC coastline is over 3,300 miles long. :o

Anyway, welcome and glad you could make your way over here.

TTYL

Mike
80 Gallon Vertical
Modified New Braunfels Offset to Reverse Flow
Under Construction: 48" x 29" mini-pig cooker
Charbroil Performance 780 & 22" Weber Kettle
SVonhof
Smoke Whisperer

Post by SVonhof »

Smokin Mike wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:37 am Hey Boss... welcome to the forums. We're just hanging out doing what we do. :mrgreen:

I need to chat you up a bit. The GF and I are also moving to the coastal outreaches of NC. Who knows, we could be within spittin' distance of one another but then again the NC coastline is over 3,300 miles long. :o

Anyway, welcome and glad you could make your way over here.

TTYL

Mike
But the coastline of NC is really only 301 miles if you don't follow the contours. ;)

California's coastline is 840 miles long, but following the contours, 3,427 miles.
Scott V.
My gear: Weber Genesis EP-330 (gas grill), UDS, MUDS/Weber Smokey Joe, Weber 22" kettle, Camp Chef 30k BTU burner
SVonhof
Smoke Whisperer

Post by SVonhof »

Oh, and welcome Pit Boss!
Scott V.
My gear: Weber Genesis EP-330 (gas grill), UDS, MUDS/Weber Smokey Joe, Weber 22" kettle, Camp Chef 30k BTU burner