Big batch of ABT's today

Appetizer recipes
SVonhof
Charcoal Chief

Big batch of ABT's today

Post by SVonhof »

Our nephew graduates from HS Sunday (why Sunday?) and they are having a gathering today and he LOVES ABT's so they asked if we could make some. ~25 people so we are making 50, figuring not everyone will want one, so our nephew can have 6 or 10 on his own if he wants. :o

Wife and I worked as a team and got them all prepped in about an hour.

Fit them all on a single grate and loaded up for the smoke bath:

We will pull them in about 1:45 and package up for the hour ride to their house and re-heat slightly on their BBQ on low heat before serving.
Scott V.
My gear: Weber Genesis EP-330 (gas grill), UDS, MUDS/Weber Smokey Joe, Weber 22" kettle, Camp Chef 30k BTU burner
SVonhof
Charcoal Chief

Re: Big batch of ABT's today

Post by SVonhof »

Slightly over-cooked them. Should have pulled them at 90 minutes in, but capped off more of the air flow and let it sit a little longer.

They are still going to be good, but the peppers are a little softer than I normally like:
Scott V.
My gear: Weber Genesis EP-330 (gas grill), UDS, MUDS/Weber Smokey Joe, Weber 22" kettle, Camp Chef 30k BTU burner
Smokin Mike
Charcoal Chief

Post by Smokin Mike »

Nice! Those things are really bad for you but they taste soooo good!!!
80 Gallon Vertical
Modified New Braunfels Offset to Reverse Flow
Under Construction: 48" x 29" mini-pig cooker
Charbroil Performance 780 & 22" Weber Kettle
SVonhof
Charcoal Chief

Post by SVonhof »

Smokin Mike wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:19 am Nice! Those things are really bad for you but they taste soooo good!!!
How so?

Just kidding of course.

We do try to make them "better for us" by using lower sodium bacon and reduced fat cream cheese, so we got that going for us!

We had a few leftover ingredients, so I did a small batch for lunch yesterday. 8 ABT's and three of these (just using up the leftovers):

I asked my wife what we should call them and she said something that I won't repeat here! :lol:
Scott V.
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

I could sit next to the nephew and we could put a hurting to them and ourselves :lol: