Mike Scores a Gasser

Discussion about retail and custom ordered grills and smokers.
The good, the bad, and the ugly.
Maniac

Re: Mike Scores a Gasser

Post by Maniac »

JPEG image.jpeg
It definitely would help but when you do something like that it would be a hassle to configure imho. I could try for you next time I fire it up by standing 2 firebricks on edge and put another layer of tiles over the top and slide the pizza in between the 2 layers and see if it helps. It does pretty good. But I’ll give it a try
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SVonhof
Smoke Whisperer

Post by SVonhof »

Maniac wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:31 pm JPEG image.jpeg It definitely would help but when you do something like that it would be a hassle to configure imho. I could try for you next time I fire it up by standing 2 firebricks on edge and put another layer of tiles over the top and slide the pizza in between the 2 layers and see if it helps. It does pretty good. But I’ll give it a try
Your way is easier than my idea! It would be an interesting experiment. Even if it doesn't help, if you have what you need to set it up and it isn't difficult, you still get to eat your test pizza!
Scott V.
My gear: Weber Genesis EP-330 (gas grill), UDS, MUDS/Weber Smokey Joe, Weber 22" kettle, Camp Chef 30k BTU burner
jess

Post by jess »

SVonhof wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:46 pm
Maniac wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:45 pm Hey mike I had the same grill laying back home in PA. Went to throw it out and could not get myself to do it. Did a little research and found out that the burners were brass and still under warranty...they sent me new ones and I bought new knobs and only cost me 8 dollars to turn it into a pizza oven. I cut a large chimney flue and covered the grate with it It will peg the thermometer and makes great pizza. Cut the legs off to place in my pavilion
Just wondering, would it be helpful to add fire bricks (or similar) in the lid, to help radiate heat down on the pizza (more like a wood fired pizza oven)? I know you would have to start thinking about counterweights if you were to do that, but I was wondering.
Fire brick does not weigh much
Maniac

Post by Maniac »

Hey mike didn’t mean to hi jack your thread Jess With the thin wall light weight firebrick it would be over 30 pounds just for the lid and my little woman wouldn’t help with the pizza :shock: