Inkbird IRF-2SA

Technical Q&A, calculations, etc. for building a cooker or help with your existing cooker.
Welding, fabrication, tools... all discussed here.
Glenn

Inkbird IRF-2SA

Post by Glenn »

After losing my thermos during the house remodel (where did that cat hide them?), I picked up this dual thermo:

Inkbird IRF-2SA
Up to 500 feet(Outdoor Space)
This remote meat thermometer supports both Fahrenheit and Celsius temp unit, and its food grade stainless steel probes has wide temp range: 32° F ~ 572 ° F; (Short-time measurement); 32° F~ 482 ° F (continuous monitoring);
Two probes can be used to measure temperature of two pieces of meat or different positions or a large piece of meat at the same time.
BBQ thermometer has large backlight LCD screen
Programmable, can set high and low temp alarm and 99-hour, 59-minute countdown timer to help you monitor your meat
Transmitter and Receiver of Wireless Food Cooking thermometer are pre-synchronized at manufacturing facility, Simply insert batteries and the units are ready for use.

I am very happy with it, both probes are accurate (boil test) and as advertised, it is easy to read.
thermo.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Glenn

Big Green Egg XL
Oklahoma Joe Longhorn
Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Gasser
Char-Griller Pro w/ sfb << DOA
Double-Stacked ECB's << DOA
Original ECB << DOA
Big Chief << First smoker ever and DOA

k.a.m.
Smoke Whisperer

Re: Inkbird IRF-2SA

Post by k.a.m. »

I have several of the Ink Birds as I test a lot of their products for them and give reviews. They are very reliable and their customer service is good as well. The key is buying from them directly so they can correct any issues you have.
Always Remember "Slow And Steady Wins The Race"

Smokin Mike
Charcoal Chief

Post by Smokin Mike »

Have any of y'all (that's Southern talk for those that don't know :D ) checked out Thermoworks lately? They've got quite an offering of wireless and wi-fi products. They have a gateway and a smartphone app that lets you keep track of the cooker across the internet.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke-Gateway
80 Gallon Vertical
Modified New Braunfels Offset to Reverse Flow
Under Construction: 48" x 29" mini-pig cooker
Charbroil Performance 780 & 22" Weber Kettle

k.a.m.
Smoke Whisperer

Post by k.a.m. »

Smokin Mike wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:27 pm
Have any of y'all (that's Southern talk for those that don't know :D ) checked out Thermoworks lately? They've got quite an offering of wireless and wi-fi products. They have a gateway and a smartphone app that lets you keep track of the cooker across the internet.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke-Gateway
I am not far from getting their wireless Smoke 4 Mike. I have a friend that runs it and swears by it I just need something that will keep my Party Q's honest on the drums while competing.
Always Remember "Slow And Steady Wins The Race"

Smokin Mike
Charcoal Chief

Post by Smokin Mike »

k.a.m. wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:51 am
I am not far from getting their wireless Smoke 4 Mike. I have a friend that runs it and swears by it I just need something that will keep my Party Q's honest on the drums while competing.
I have the 1st generation of the Smoke unit and I'm well pleased with it except if the remote gets too far from the base unit it loses connection but I believe that's a "line of sight" issue at my split level house. I like the idea of the WiFi connectable unit at least at the house. Not sure what that would do for you at the fairgrounds during a comp. The other issue is the remote case is rounded on the top and bottom so there's no way to sit it on anything. You have to lay it flat or prop it up. There may have been some design changes since then. Anyway, when the money rolls around I may be doing a bit of upgrading.
80 Gallon Vertical
Modified New Braunfels Offset to Reverse Flow
Under Construction: 48" x 29" mini-pig cooker
Charbroil Performance 780 & 22" Weber Kettle