Saturday Night Wing Fling

Barnyard Fowl: chicken, turkey, duck, and goose
Smokin Mike
Charcoal Chief

Saturday Night Wing Fling

Post by Smokin Mike »

This all got started when feldon30 posted "All the Way" Brined, Rubbed, Smoked, Fried, and Grilled Sweet BBQ Wings It's kind of like one of those songs that gets stuck in your head and takes days to let go. Anyway while my mind kept saying "Must have wings", "Must have wings", "Must have wings" the GF came home with an uncut 4 lb pack after I mentioned something to her about it. BTW she's a wing lover too. 😘

We clipped the tips and dunked them into a Sweet & Salty Wing Brine for about an hour. They could have used another hour of soak time but the show must go on.
WingBrine.png
Next, after rinsing and drying I separated the wing from the drummette and dusted them with Southwestern Chicken Rub
WingDust.png
Now it's grill time. I placed them around some foil wrapped potato and onion slices and let the charcoal do its magic, turning occasionally until almost done.
Grilled.png
Time to glaze with some Kickin' Wing Sauce
WingBaste.png
Once the glaze got set then get out of the way because it's wing time! That's a bowl full of lip smacking goodness right there.
WingsDone.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
80 Gallon Vertical
Modified New Braunfels Offset to Reverse Flow
Under Construction: 48" x 29" mini-pig cooker
Charbroil Performance 780 & 22" Weber Kettle